The objective of the competition is to support the development of innovative commercial solutions - such as mobile apps or hardware-based solutions - that are leveraging EU space data from Galileo and/or Copernicus. The new deadline for applications is 3 December 2021.
The objective of the competition is to support the development of innovative commercial solutions - such as mobile apps or hardware-based solutions for example wearables, asset management and tracking solutions, robotics etc. - that are leveraging EU Space programmes Galileo and/or Copernicus. Galileo provides improved navigation, positioning and timing information whereas Copernicus delivers near-real-time earth observation data on a global level to help us better understand our planet and sustainably manage the environment we live in. The proposed solution should address one of the following innovation areas:
- Move Me Smart: Smart mobility solutions across all the transportation modes that enable the improvement of efficiency and sustainability while also increase safety.
- Space My Life: Consumer solutions such as mobile applications and any other solutions using space data for health, gaming, sports, leisure, tourism and everyday life.
- Our Green Planet: Innovative solutions addressing environmental challenges, sustainable life, consumption and production.
- Map My World: Innovative surveying solutions to shape the future of geomatics, rural planning and smart cities by design.
- Farming By Satellite: Technological solutions that manage the variability of agricultural production, improve crop yield, reduce environmental impact and optimize the food chain.
- Dive in Quantum: Innovative solutions applying quantum technologies (computing, sensing, simulation, encryption etc.) enhancing space downstream applications.
The competition will be organised in two tracks:
- Track 1: From Idea to Prototype/Customer validation Teams will submit their theoretical idea (phase I) and the prototype/beta version of their product on the basis of such idea (phase II), articulating their value proposition and explore Problem-Solution Fit based on a validation test in a relevant environment. Projects expected to reach at least TRL 4.
Applications addressing the “Dive in Quantum” innovation area shall be submitted only in Track 1.
- Track 2: From Prototype to Product/Market entry Teams will submit their prototype/beta version (phase I) and the final product ready for commercialization (phase II) developing a value proposition to meet the needs of potential users. Projects expected to reach at least TRL 9.
Further information: https://www.euspa.europa.eu/myeuspacecompetition
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 3 DECEMBER 2021